Thursday, June 19, 2014

Yep that's my relative

Weird things that have happened lately.

My step brother's house caught on fire.
I only found out about this because my other brother works down the street from the house (they aren't related at all) and sent me a text telling me. I sent my step mom a text asking if step brother was ok and she never responded. I sent step brother a text and got no answer. Eventually it was Father's Day and I called my Dad and he pretty much told me he didn't want to talk about it. He did say that he was ok and wasn't living with him.

Taking things into my own fingers I hit the www and looked up arrests in our county and there he was. Something about domestic abuse with serious injury and a bunch of other charges, some of which where vague and probably meant he beat up his girl friend and set the house on fire.

Now I don't know about you but I think that it would have been nice to find out what happened from a family member instead of having to assume things on my own.

Just one more time that I'm reminded that I'm not really apart of their family.

In other news, my cousin's baby momma (other side of the family but equally as charming)  sent me a message to call her last weekend. When I called her it sounded like she was talking with her phone in her mouth but I got out something about her little boy being sexually abused by an 8 year old and that she wanted to have him spend more time with family.

So on Monday her little boy was over playing with my mom and I went over there for a bit. She was off running an errand to the bank but got there after I was only there for a few minutes. Apparently she's worried about something happening to her and no one being there to take care of her son. She's worried about him going into foster care if someone (gang member dad) knocks her off for reporting their 8 year old for sexually assaulting her 3 year old.

Sadly I was happy she asked my mom before she asked me because how do you say no to something like that? But I really don't want to raise another kid. Mine are finally at the age where they ignore me unless they want food or money. I have no problems with being an auntie but stand in mom sounds like too much work. Of course I'd do it if I had to, but lets just hope that no one takes her out.

No comments:

Post a Comment